Baked at Campworks
The Baked Goods That Have Become Our Staples
For all of our beloved members, and everyone out there who loves baked morning goods AND healthy eating, here are some of our favorite recipes from Elana's Pantry that we love to serve up at Campworks!
Baked goods don't need to be sinful, and honestly there is too much innovative, clean, and simple baking happening to ignore the sweeter things in life, so take this as a starting point — the tip of your paleo, gluten-free, cinnamon glacier so to speak.
#1 GF CINNAMON COFFEE CAKE
It. Does. Not. Get. Better. Than. This. Without a doubt, this is our no. 1 recipe from Elana's Pantry (an oasis of incredible recipes and eating philosophies), and it will change your coffee cake game. Made with only six ingredients — almond flour, salt, baking soda, coconut oil, honey, and eggs — this recipe can be thrown together in no time, and is more moist, more flavorful, and more guilt-free than anything you've found elsewhere. Enjoy for breakfast, afternoon snack, or dessert. We love to pair with a hot cup of Ozo Coffee.
Cake Ingredients (Serves: 8)
- 2½ cups blanched almond flour (not almond meal)
- ¼ teaspoon celtic sea salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup honey
- 3 large eggs
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- Grease a 9 inch round cake pan with coconut oil and dust with almond flour
- In a food processor, combine almond flour, salt, and baking soda
- Pulse in coconut oil, honey, and eggs
- Spread the batter into prepared baking dish
- To make topping, combine coconut oil, coconut sugar, cinnamon, and sliced almonds in a small bowl
- Sprinkle topping over cake batter
- Bake at 350° for 25-35 minutes
- Cool and serve
PALEO BANANA BREAD
Like Elana says, bake it in a loaf pan, you've got banana bread; bake it in a 9" round, you've got a birthday cake! If you like banana anything, and are wanting to stay away from sugar, gluten, and dairy, this recipe may become a staple. No matter how we slice it, it's usually just crumbs left by 9:30. Early birds get the bread!
Stay posted for more of our favorite bakes from our other local partners, like Inphyusion. And if you have recommendations, send us your favorite healthy, active, simple, clean recipes for us to try at Campworks — we'll be happy to put them to the test!